From time to time I love to try out something new and all the time when it works, I share my findings with you. You are very welcome :). As you know already, I do not wear foundation daily so as for my skin to have the chance to breath and also for me not to clog up my pores which can lead to skin dullness and breakouts. However, on days when I do not wear foundations, I wear some primer and then follow with my translucent powder or just my setting powder and then set it with my Mac’s fix plus and off I go for the day. So, I ran out of my foundation primer, the oil-free Lancome La Base Pro Perfecting Makeup Primer Smoothing Effect on a day when I needed to wear foundation so I decided to try out something new and it worked. Let’s checked it out.
I knew I was running out of foundation primer but didn’t get the chance to order another one before the one I was using finished all together. Well, I am happy to tell you that I still got my perfect flawless “face beat”. Here is what I did in step by step:
1. Cleansed my face thoroughly using my 3-step system by Clinique. Washed – Clarified and then Moisturised
2. Sprayed my face with Mac’s fix plus and allowed it to almost dry up
3. Using my Real Technique Soft foundation brush, I applied my Lancome Teint Idole 24hr Foundation
4. Using my blush brush, I applied my blush generously as always (this step is optional if you don’t wear blushes)
5. Sprayed my face again, this time generously with my Mac’s Fix Plus
6. Allowed to dry all together and then blotted excess with my blotting towel by Mary Kay
7. Powdered my entire face with focus on my T – Zone) with my Mac’s Studio Fix Powder
8. Applied some prep and prime to oil prone area on my face – my t-zone
And voila, that was my foundation routine without any Primer.
Not only did I have a flawless foundation routine, my makeup lasted all day with little or no oil on the oil prone areas on my face. Sincerely, the result wasn’t as different to when I wore a primer before applying my foundation. However, I have to say this may be so because the weather is colder and there is not so much sun which could make my face sweaty or oily. I will be trying this routine out again in the Summer and I will be sure to update you all. For now, this is my current foundation routine for this Winter and I will be sticking with it because I am loving it. I have to say finally that my face is ever so radiant with this new routine……
I want to thank you so much for stopping by and for reading. I do hope you found the routine simple to follow and helpful. Most importantly, I do hope you try it out. If you do, please do let me know by leaving me your comments or tagging me on an of my socials. Did you find this post?, please do share with your friends and family. Thanks for doing so.
Much Love, Mojisola.
Other Helpful Beauty Posts
To learn more about me, please see the About page where I shared more on my personal life, family life and work life. I also shared more about my 2 Amazon Best Selling books: "Use What You Have" & "Create the Life You Want"
For Sponsored Posts, Collaborations or to Work with me, please e-mail Mojisola @ firstname.lastname@example.org or check out the drop down menu on the Work with Moji page to choose your option.
If you just want to say hi, please feel free to leave me your comments or email me on email@example.com
Hope you enjoy looking around. Please let me know what you think by leaving me your comments. Thank you for stopping by.