I have shared tips on What to Do & What Not to Do At Christmas Work Parties and How to Stay Chic All Night on a Party Night Out with you. More than looking chic and the do’s and don’t at a christmas work party, it is more important to stay safe. As the days are getting darker and so many evil going on it the world today, here are a few ways to stay safe on a party night out.
Don’t Walk Alone
Two heads are better than one they say. On a party night out, two sure is better one. When going out on the holiday party night out, it is best NOT to walk alone. Walk in groups especially when walking around in parking lots, street alleys and nook and crannies in town. People who attack, bully, rape and do all sort of evil deeds wait to strike in the night and also they look for places / spots where their targets may be vulnerable so they can have a upper hand or win. However, if you walk in twos or threes or in group on a party night out, together you can confront or stand up to these attackers / bullies / rapists. If you are going out alone and don’t have a company, arrive on time and leave on time so you can arrive safe home. On the other hand, here are a few other things you can do:
- Get a verified Uber to drive you home. Download the Uber App and book the taxi from your phone. When the Driver arrives, ask for his/ her ID and your details on his system. If you are happy with that, go ahead and let him drive you home. I have used this service before when I went to Paris by myself and this was what I did.
- Book and stay over in the hotel where you are partying. A lot of times, when a Company / Organisation is hosting a party in a hotel, they offer discounted rates to the organisers of the event. You can avail of this offer or ask for any offers that may be available to you. Also note that when you book hotels earlier, the price is always relatively low – you can do this, especially if this helps you stay safe.
- Whatever you do, if you have to go home, make sure it is safe before you do so
Don’t Leave Your Drinks / Food Unattended
Another way to stay safe in any party at all and not only on a party night out is not to leave your food, drink or any consumable unattended. While it is okay with your friends and family, never leave your consumables with strangers. You may have seen in movies before or have heard about it, “bad guys” drug their victims and then off they go. God forbid this is any of you. So, stay safe by never leaving your food and drinks unattended.
Keep Your Belongings Close
On a party night out, your purse must be your best buddy. Bring your purse with you everywhere you go on a night out. Here are some reason why you must:
- Your money stays safe and your card details are not stolen as well – there are a lot of electronic devices these days that can steal your card details without the culprit even getting in contact with you physically. All they need is a scan of your purse. We don’t want this to happen, NO!
- You don’t want anyone to sneak anything in your purse to implicate you – drugs, weed, ecstasy or anything like that.
Don’t Get Drunk
Not only does getting drunk blur your judgement, it makes you misbehave. This can make you do some of the things you wouldn’t remember you did the next day. For example, sleep with a stranger, travel on the wrong route, get on the wrong bus / train etc. Whatever you do, never get drunk at a Christmas / holiday party.
I was wearing: American Apparel Disco Pants | Zara Blazer | Casadei Heels | H&M Shirt | Zara Tie Scarf
It may look like I shot really straight on this post with the examples I gave but the reality is, these things happen and God forbid any of these happen to any of us this holiday period. And of course, before you step out, pray for safety. 🙂 – you didn’t think I would finish without mentioning that? Did you? I love you for reading. If you found this post helpful, do share with your friends and family and on all your social networks. Thanks for doing that.
Much Love, Mojisola
- 3 Life Lessons to Learn from Conor McGregor (Motivation) - August 3, 2020
- Kiehls Midnight Recovery Concentrate – Full Review - July 26, 2020
- Being Kind VS Being Nice+ Style in Multicoloured Maxi & Off the Shoulder Blouse - July 20, 2020