The time many of us tend to fix our events or functions or occasions or get together is when the weather warms up. Now, the weather is warming up and I can see that there are many events in the line up for me – weddings, Blogger events and more…….I am sure I am not the only one…..
However, it is one thing to have an event to go to and another thing to look well put together to stand out at that event. While drafting this blog, I can’t help but to remember a quote by Coco Channel which says: Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman. So, you don’t have to worry because on today’s post, I will share some TIPS with you on how to be the best dressed in your event….
Outfit of the Day ::: Red Dress With Dramatic Tiered Ruffled Sleeves
Let me share my styling TIPS for today with you before I narrate today’s look:
1. The best way to look good in a red dress is to choose the red that matches your skin tone. A lot of times, if you have cool skin tone, a “brighter” shade of red suits you best e.g tomato red and if you have warm skin tone like myself, a darker shade of red suits you better e.g burgundy or the shade of red I have on in this post.
2. This point has nothing to do with the shade of red now but the structure of the dress. To stand out, you can wear red but let’s face it, everyone loves to stand out. So, for your to stand out, look for details in your dress that would make your dress stand out. If I can say so myself, the details of the red dress I have on in today’s post is not only the tiered ruffle details but the cut in the front of the dress which is laser cut. Look for details that suits your own personal style and preference.
3. My last fashion TIP today is that all things exaggerated sleeves is a TREND to try for this season. In this post HERE, I shared another look with an example of that.
For my look today, I was wearing a long sleeved midi dress with dramatic tiered ruffled sleeves and cut with a laser finish. The signature high kick split adds movement to the midi length wrap detail skirt. To finish my look, I paired the dress with a nude pair of heels which gave the look a subtle and classic appeal which is always my go to as less is more for more. To add another take to the look, I paired it with black and gold accessories which works perfectly fine too – this option would be for the woman who loves a little bit more accessories.
I was wearing:
Solace London Tiered Ruffles Sleeves Dress – HERE | Shoes 1: Christian Louboutin Corneille 100mm | Shoes 2: Gucci Horsebit Sandals | Belt Calvin Klein Belt
To see the full meaning of RED as a Colour, Please check HERE
In conclusion, to stand out at your events or functions for this Spring/Summer and anytime really, go for a vibrant colour or print that suits your lifestyle or compliments your personal style. I truly hope you enjoyed this look and you found the styling TIPS helpful.
Thank you for stopping by and for reading. Please do share this post with your friends and family if you found it helpful. Love you for doing so.
Much Love, Mojisola
To learn more about me, please see the About page where I shared more on my personal life, family life and work life. I also shared more about my 2 Amazon Best Selling books: "Use What You Have" & "Create the Life You Want"
For Sponsored Posts, Collaborations or to Work with me, please e-mail Mojisola @ firstname.lastname@example.org or check out the drop down menu on the Work with Moji page to choose your option.
If you just want to say hi, please feel free to leave me your comments or email me on email@example.com
Hope you enjoy looking around. Please let me know what you think by leaving me your comments. Thank you for stopping by.
Latest posts by moj in touch (see all)
- 7 WORK WEAR TO TRY THIS SUMMER - August 13, 2019
- TAKE THAT DETOUR (Motivation for Monday) - August 12, 2019
- What I Wore on My Tropical Holidays + All Affordable & Stylish Pieces - August 5, 2019