It is that time of the year again when we celebrate the St Patrick’s day. Last year, I went all formal in my skirt-suit with “Shamrock”, this year I decided to go edgier while still incorporating the Irish flag colours into my look.
More than the fun look, I am mindful of the effect of the Coronavirus and the cancellation of all parades in Ireland and everywhere in the world. I am truly emphatic to those who go all out to celebrate the St. Patricks day in one parade or the other.
Please, lets look at the bright side of things by knowing that this is a significant day in the Irish history and let us use this opportunity to pray for peace in the world, will you join me?
I am also very hopeful that there would be some breakthrough with research and medicine to find a cure for this Covid-19, soon.
For now, let us all stay safe by following the prescribed cautionary measures and be our brother’s / sisters keeper.
Outfit of the Day!
For my look today, I paired my distressed / ripped denim with a slouchy peach jumper. To compliment the delicate jumper and to add even more colour to the look, I chose a green bag and finished the look with nude heels.
The look is Spring appropriate and also carries some colours on the Irish flag.
This would have been a perfect look for grabbing brunch or drinks, but since majority are at home during this difficult time in the world, when we eventually go out, this is a perfect chic look for brunch or drinks. Have fun styling your own ripped denim and over sized jumper when you get the chance to try the look. Always remember, your look, your way, so have fun styling your look.
Here are 10 Important Facts About the St Patrick’s Day…..
1. St. Patrick is the Patron Saint of Ireland, although he was born in Britain, around 385AD. His parents Calpurnius and Conchessa were Roman citizens living in either Scotland or Wales, according to different versions of his story.
2. As a boy of 14 he was captured and taken to Ireland where he spent six years in slavery herding sheep. He returned to Ireland in his 30s as a missionary among the Celtic pagans.
3. Legend has it that he used the native shamrock as a symbol of the holy trinity when preaching and brought the Latin alphabet to Ireland.
4. Miracles attributed to him include the driving of serpents out of Ireland. However, evidence suggests post-glacial Ireland never had any snakes in the first place.
5. Wearing green, eating green food and even drinking green beer, is said to commemorate St Patrick’s use of the shamrock – although blue was the original colour of his vestments.
6. St Patrick was said to have proclaimed that everyone should have a drop of the “hard stuff” on his feast day after chastising an innkeeper who served a short measure of whiskey. In the custom known as “drowning the shamrock”, the shamrock that has been worn on a lapel or hat is put in the last drink of the evening.
7. Popular Irish toasts on St Patrick’s Day, include: may the roof above us never fall in, and may us friends beneath it never fall out.
8. St. Patrick’s Day was first celebrated in America in Boston, Massachusetts, in 1737. Around 34 million modern Americans claim Irish ancestry.
9. It is believed that St Patrick died on March 17 in 461AD. It is a national holiday in Ireland, and on the island of Montserrat in the Caribbean, which was founded by Irish refugees. It is a bank holiday in Northern Ireland and a provincial holiday in the Canadian province of Newfoundland.
10. Dublin has a parade that attracts hundreds of thousands of people, while in Chicago the river is dyed green for a few hours. The biggest parade is normally held in New York, while the largest celebration in the southern hemisphere is in Sydney, Australia.
I hope you like the styling and I hope you enjoyed the 10 important facts about St Patrick’s day celebration.
Feel free to leave me your comments below and let me know what you think please.
Thank you so much for stopping by today. I am always very happy to see you stop by. Wishing you a Happy St Patrick’s day if you are celebrating.
Much Love, Mojisola.
Photos by Claire
I was wearing……..
Frame Denim | Beshka Jumper | Tommy Hilfiger Bag | Christian Louboutin Pigalle 100 heels
Want more out of life? Propel your life forward, find, live and fulfill your purpose and maximise the potential of your gifts? My Self Help Amazon Bestselling book, “Use What You Have” would help you do so. Get yours HERE (US) & HERE (UK)
Don’t want to miss a thing on Moj in touch? Feel free to subscribe to the blog to get exclusive CHIC styling TIPS in your inbox. Please do so on the bottom left hand corner of the blog.
Subscribe to Moj in Touch on YouTube HERE
- You Can’t Give Up Now (Motivation) - July 6, 2020
- How to Discover Your Purpose Without Paying Anyone - July 3, 2020
- How to Spend Less on Clothes - June 24, 2020