A lot of times in life when we want something, many of us want it now and once we think about it, we want it at all cost. It even gets interesting that when we achieve a goal, we believe we deserve a treat so to say and we go on and treat ourselves. Well, treating ourselves is one thing, getting that treat at the right time is another……
I had the opportunity to share with the Youths I mentor about Delayed Gratification – How to Achieve it and the Advantages of delayed gratification. This footage was a very long one but I managed to reduce it to about 10 minutes…Please watch below….
3 Ways to Achieve Delayed Gratification
1. Gratitude – gratitude means to be thankful. When we are grateful for now and what we have, we stop worrying about what we do not have. Gratitude helps us to learn to live in the moment, which brings about satisfaction.
2. Mingling With the Right People – we become like the people we spend time with. As humans, whether we like it or not, we pick up habits of the people we spend time with – good or bad.
3. Living Deliberately or Intentionally – this simply means to do the things that we are truly passionate about, when we do things we are passionate about, we find fulfilment. When we also do the right things at the right time, we feel fulfilled and we live life to the fullest.
3 Advantages of Delayed Gratification
1. Delayed gratification is a trait of successful people – a research shows that a lot of successful people take chances but they delay their gratification. This helps them to achieve more.
2. Delayed gratification helps us to control our moods and emotions and most importantly, helps us to achieve long time goals which leads to success.
3. Delayed gratification helps us to benefit long term and helps us to be better people who can practise patience, discipline and master the habit of waiting for the right time.
The above is a simple summary of the message of delayed gratification I shared with the Youths I Mentor. It is a faith based teaching that covers – times and seasons, delayed gratification, advantages of delayed gratification and practical examples of people who have benefitted from delayed gratification. Please do watch the 10 minutes video in full to learn more………
I want to thank you so much for stopping by and for reading and watching the video. I do hope you learn a thing or two on delayed gratification and why it is important to delay your gratification.
Allow me to finish with this: Don’t give up what you want most for what you want now – this is delayed gratification.
Again, thanks for stopping by. Do share this post with your friends and family, they sure would find it helpful. Thanks for doing so.
Much Love, Mojisola
To learn more about me, please see the About page where I shared more on my personal life, family life and work life. I also shared more about my 2 Amazon Best Selling books: "Use What You Have" & "Create the Life You Want"
For Sponsored Posts, Collaborations or to Work with me, please e-mail Mojisola @ email@example.com or check out the drop down menu on the Work with Moji page to choose your option.
If you just want to say hi, please feel free to leave me your comments or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope you enjoy looking around. Please let me know what you think by leaving me your comments. Thank you for stopping by.
Latest posts by moj in touch (see all)
- ANKARA Print Lookbook – The Print that is Taking Over the World - October 20, 2019
- Headbands – The Biggest Fashion Trend to Try Now & My Outfit of the Day - October 13, 2019
- Interior Decoration: Tips & Tricks That Would Help You Choose the Best Pieces for Your Home - October 2, 2019