A lot of times in life when we want something, many of us want it now and once we think about it, we want it at all cost. It even gets interesting that when we achieve a goal, we believe we deserve a treat so to say and we go on and treat ourselves. Well, treating ourselves is one thing, getting that treat at the right time is another……
I had the opportunity to share with the Youths I mentor about Delayed Gratification – How to Achieve it and the Advantages of delayed gratification. This footage was a very long one but I managed to reduce it to about 10 minutes…Please watch below….
3 Ways to Achieve Delayed Gratification
1. Gratitude – gratitude means to be thankful. When we are grateful for now and what we have, we stop worrying about what we do not have. Gratitude helps us to learn to live in the moment, which brings about satisfaction.
2. Mingling With the Right People – we become like the people we spend time with. As humans, whether we like it or not, we pick up habits of the people we spend time with – good or bad.
3. Living Deliberately or Intentionally – this simply means to do the things that we are truly passionate about, when we do things we are passionate about, we find fulfilment. When we also do the right things at the right time, we feel fulfilled and we live life to the fullest.
3 Advantages of Delayed Gratification
1. Delayed gratification is a trait of successful people – a research shows that a lot of successful people take chances but they delay their gratification. This helps them to achieve more.
2. Delayed gratification helps us to control our moods and emotions and most importantly, helps us to achieve long time goals which leads to success.
3. Delayed gratification helps us to benefit long term and helps us to be better people who can practise patience, discipline and master the habit of waiting for the right time.
The above is a simple summary of the message of delayed gratification I shared with the Youths I Mentor. It is a faith based teaching that covers – times and seasons, delayed gratification, advantages of delayed gratification and practical examples of people who have benefitted from delayed gratification. Please do watch the 10 minutes video in full to learn more………
I want to thank you so much for stopping by and for reading and watching the video. I do hope you learn a thing or two on delayed gratification and why it is important to delay your gratification.
Allow me to finish with this: Don’t give up what you want most for what you want now – this is delayed gratification.
Again, thanks for stopping by. Do share this post with your friends and family, they sure would find it helpful. Thanks for doing so.
Much Love, Mojisola
- 3 Life Lessons to Learn from Conor McGregor (Motivation) - August 3, 2020
- Kiehls Midnight Recovery Concentrate – Full Review - July 26, 2020
- Being Kind VS Being Nice+ Style in Multicoloured Maxi & Off the Shoulder Blouse - July 20, 2020