It is one thing to know what you want and it is another to recognize what is IMPORTANT now! If you missed the blog on how to discover what you want out of life from the perspective of finding and fulling your purpose, please check the highlighted link above. Today, I will be sharing with you tips on mapping out what’s important to you now. Let’s check it out…..
Many of you may know or not that I changed my career path, altogether. In a nut shell, to help people (inspire, encourage, motivate, cheer-lead) is the core of my purpose. So, I looked for a way to match this purpose of mine to my career and boom, here we are. It wasn’t easy to do but it is worth it. I can truly say, I am happy to wake up everyday to do the job I love and in the capacity appropriate to my skill, experience and qualifications.
For me to achieve the above, first, I discovered what it is I wanted, secondly, I designed how to achieve what I wanted and thirdly, I mapped out and then focused on what is important to me at every stage. Here is what I mean: to return to corporate was at the top of my priority in 2017 and this was the only thing I focused on at the time – it was what was important to me then. After achieving that, that need changed to changing my career path, and now it is done…….
So, the question is what is important to you now?
You may have many goals you want to achieve, there is nothing wrong with that, this may mean that you are a big dreamer. Well done for dreaming. Dreaming is great. So, let’s say part of your dreams include to:
Get a new job because you have been made redundant
Travel to four countries next year
Buy a new car
Adopt of a puppy
Sell off your unwanted shoes to raise money as part of your travel funds
Those were generic thoughts that came to mind when I was drafting this blog. The question now is, what is important to you now out of all of them?. A lot of times, when we have ideas or goals to achieve, some are always important than the others and most times, some of our goals will help us achieve the others. For example, to be able to travel to 4 countries in next year, you need money to fulfill that goal…..correct? So, I would say in this case, getting a job is more important. Right? So, in your own case, what is important to you now?
Here are a few things to try:
1. What is important to you now? Write it down and write out how you can achieve that goal. For example, to get that job, you may need to update your CV and LinkedIn profile, acquire skills that would help you achieve that goal through learning – taking an additional course, reaching out to Recruiters making your intentions known, sending your CV out and preparing for interviews. CHECK OUT CAREER LEVEL UP to help you on your job search.
2. Give yourself some time to achieve this goal – this is why I would recommend you check out how to set SMART goal HERE
3. You can combine some of what is important to you. For example, when are not working on finding yourself your next job, you can photograph the shoes you want to sell and get them ready for when you have the time to put them online for sale. Never loose focus of what is most important though.
4. Be kind to yourself. When we want things, a lot of us want those things now. Realistically, we can not control when things would happen. For example, you can not control when you would land the job, so be kind to yourself by being patient and hopeful. Additionally, prayer works, pray about everything.
5. Stay Focused: FOCUS: Follow One Course Until Successful: A lot of us tend to loose focus and this is why it is important to recognize what is important now. While all the things above are important, some are more important and possibly urgent than the others. Obviously, landing the job is more urgent that adopting a puppy, if I can say so. So, stay focused on what is IMPORTANT NOW. Take stock of how you are doing, don’t submit to distractions and follow through on your plans. While on this journey, if you ever need help, seek out someone who can help and ask them – this makes a lot of difference and helps us not to feel alone on our journeys. And those are some pointers on how you can truly achieve what is important now.
Wearing H&M Dress (old) | Christian Louboutin Cornielle 100mm
I want to thank you very much for stopping by and for reading. I do hope that you find the post helpful and that you recognize and embrace what is important to you now. Wishing you the very best and lots of love and sunshine. To all my constant readers, I SEE YOU – thank you so much and lots of Love to you. Please don’t forget to leave me your comments below to let me know what you think and if you have any blog requests, please ask below and I will do my best to address it to the best of my ability.