I had 2 major breakthroughs last week. Amazingly, one news came on Wednesday and the other came on Thursday. It was a back to back victory I must say. Until about 5 years ago there about, I didn’t really understand how scriptural, effective and powerful vision boards are. However since I have learnt more about vision boards, I now use them all the time. Now, once I achieve everything on one vision board, I make another. Today on motivation Monday, I am writing to encourage you on the power of vision boards and how to make them work for you………
What is a Vision Board?
A vision board or dream board is a collage of images, pictures and affirmations of one’s dreams, goals, visions and desires, designed to serve as a source of inspiration and motivation, and to use the law of attraction to attain goals.
In my last book, Create the Life You Want, I shared with my readers that I had just one goal pending on my old vision board. Any one who has read the book would know which one it was. This was the victory I had last Wednesday. So, everything on that vision board has now come to pass……
Every time we think of something nice or good, we think about those things in pictures and not in letters. For example, if I want a brand-new house, I won’t think of it as H-O-U-S-E, I would think of it in pictures. In my mind, I see for example, a brand-new house with 4 bedrooms, a garage and a car parked in front of the house…. that is just a quick mental picture I have created.
Vision Boards in 2 Parts!
1. What Do You Want to See?
Let’s take for example, a new job, a new car, travel, charity, debt free and on and on….. Although those things are visualised to be achieved at different times, they can be on your very own vision board, where you can see them……..
Allow me share a personal story!
In our bedroom, I only have one picture, it is the picture from our wedding day – myself and my husband. It is positioned right in the middle of the wall, where I see it daily as a reminder that, this is the one I want to see, every day of my life, till death do us part. Yes, every day is not rosy in our marriage BUT that picture is a reminder of the one I want to be with every day. Even when I am mad or angry with my husband, that wedding picture on that wall is my little vision board that reminds me that when I am 80, I want to see the same person – my husband, every day. If you like, that picture reminds and motivates me of working on our marriage to make it work – it is a “vision board” so to say…….
2. Creating a vision board with everything you want to see as your mind sees them.
There is no one way to make a good vision board. You can do a soft copy like I did mine (as seen below) or one on a real board / canvass with printed images. You can get those images from a magazine or get them online and print them out.
My old vision board!
To create your vision board, you need a plain canvass (depending on how big your dreams are), glue, magazines that have pictures of what you want to see or a printer to print them from online.
Now, let’s do this:
What do you want to see come to pass? Think about them in pictures
1. Look for pictures that describe them well or represent them
2. Cut them out if from a magazine or print OR find them online and print them out
3. Create a canvas by sticking what you want to see on your board. Place the board where you can see it daily.
4. Continue to work and pray on them till they come to pass.
Note: Although there is no minimum or maximum number of things you can place on your vision board, be sure not to over populate the board. Place on the boards only what you want to see or achieve –things that would mean something to you or help change your life and NOT just anything.
Some Advantages of Vision Boards
1. They motivate you to work harder to achieve your goals
2. Vision board is a guiding light to where you are headed
3. Vision boards make you accountable to yourself and your dreams
4. Vision boards make you stay focused, less confused (gives you clarity) and helps you grow
5. Vision boards help you fulfil your purpose to give glory to God
Like I said above, the idea of vision boards is very scriptural. A lot of people who are not Christians use them because there is indeed power in what we see. Ref: Habakkuk 2 vs 2 of the bible for more on that scripture.
I pray as you continue to create and use your vision boards, you would begin to see what you truly desire in your life. Wishing you an awesome day today. God bless
- 3 Life Lessons to Learn from Conor McGregor (Motivation) - August 3, 2020
- Kiehls Midnight Recovery Concentrate – Full Review - July 26, 2020
- Being Kind VS Being Nice+ Style in Multicoloured Maxi & Off the Shoulder Blouse - July 20, 2020